Friday, June 6, 2008

How can I argue belief in Jesus to an Atheist, Buddhist, Muslim, Mormon or Jehovah Witness? How can I have intelligent dialogue with someone who beli

I think it’s really important to realize that we can’t argue anyone into becoming a Christian. I believe that what is compelling to people of other faiths is someone who cares enough about them to enter into a dialogue in which they both speak about their own faiths and listen to each other. So with this in mind, it is vitally important to know what you believe, and why you believe it. In some respects, being able to share your faith with others is hard work and study.

Please do not hesitate to enter into dialogue because you are afraid you may not know something. I have never had a person have a problem with me telling them I don’t know something and asking them if I can do some research and get back to them. In fact, it has made them feel validated that they have asked something challenging.

There are two keys themes to stay with without getting bogged down—Your faith story, and the story of God. We have an evangelism course called Just Walk Across the Room which really helps to teach you how to have a spiritual conversation with others.

No comments: